A blog for sharing thoughts and ideas about education, technology and how to make it all happen.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My code of conduct

It is important to be a good digital citizen so as not to hurt people or cause harm to systems and the people that use computer systems. I believe that we need to behave online the same way we behave in "real" life. If you have something to say or do online but you wouldn't say it or do it in person or in real life than you should not do it online. The following is my personal pledge to be a good citizen on the Internet.

  1. I promise to be courteous. That includes not sending hateful, hurtful, harassing or obscene email, forum posts, MySpace posts, blog comments or blog posts.
  2. I promise to respect copyrights and copyright protected content.
  3. I promise not to abuse computer hardware, software or networking equipment in any way.
  4. I promise not to use the Internet to access or view pornographic content or any inappropriate material. I also pledge not to post this type of content to the web.
  5. I pledge not to create, distribute and or download any programs meant to harass other users, infiltrate their systems or cause any harm to any computer system.

Eric Waterkotte

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your steps and i understand were you were coming from today

JenniferNDille said...

you have a really good idea for steps and ways to back them.They are very logical steps i agree completly.

Myerskid said...

Hey!!
I totally agree with you!!
Your codes were totally awesome!!

Kelli Mazz said...

i would have to say that everything you said today is something everyone should follow :]

Jonny said...

i agree with every thing so far about being a digital citizen becuse if your not carefull you could get smashed

Lax_player said...

That is AWSOME that should be a poster in our class room.

Amanda said...

I completly agree. I promise to follow the code of conduct.

Alexandra said...

I agree with everything you said today, it is extremely important to be a rsponsible person on and offline.

bgirl@98sims said...

I thought your post was really truthfully spoken. I totally agree on your internet conduct rules.

chantell S.

Teiasue92 said...

I also agree with every thing you said.
-Teia

Anonymous said...

hey ya this list is very good...i didn't even think about any of these ways of using the computer but i do most of this stuff anywayas

Dan said...

Yes Eric i like your pledge a little better then my own, but ithink we basicly are saying the same thing.

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Snnuglez said...

I agree with everything you said, and I thank you for talking to us about this; for all we know it saved someones feelings.

adam harris said...

every thing you put goes along with what i think. and it is great

gangster pengiun

benni said...

I believe I had what you put down.
Ben Loghry

KatieFabio said...

This is completely true. I do believe our blogs have some of the same points, but in different words :] Mhmmmm.

-Fabio